Before I tell you a few D.I.Y. marketing strategies to grow your business revenue and/or brand awareness be aware that it does take dedication. Doing it yourself marketing can get you great results and financially it’s fantastic because your currency is sweat equity. However, if you are short on time I highly recommend hiring a company like Internet Business Ideas and Marketing llc.
Ok now that I got that disclaimer out the way let’s give you some techniques that work today to get your business ranked.
1. Social Media Marketing: This is the easiest way to get started and you probably do it already to some degree. Do the research and find the platform that will put your business in front of individuals you want to target. Some good platforms are Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit, and YouTube. Facebook is the giant in the Social Media family and regardless of what platforms you choose you should always have a Facebook business page. Here are some courses to get you started https://www.facebook.com/business/learn.
2. Have a business plan: Although this isn’t an online marketing strategy I believe this is the most important part of a business especially a start-up. This will assist in you beating the odds and staying in business over 3 years. Once you have one of these it will answer all your questions and get you laser focused. It will help you get funding, focus on strategies, know your competition, get a budget, build a team, and set proper projections. We have done the hard work and have an outline to get you started. Just contact us, request a business plan outline, and we will give it to you at no cost.
3. Get a website: 95% of all business need a web page. Websites are what brick and mortars were 10 years ago. If you want to establishes trust and legitimacy, then create a website. Here are some things that should be included in building your website https://ibimarketing.com/our-services/web-design I feel these are the easiest platforms to build a website yourself. WordPress, Wix, Shopify, Weebly, and GoDaddy.
4. SEO (Search Engine Optimization): This is a little more complicated and with this marketing platform it takes a commitment because algorithms continue to change. However, if you have the time this strategy will benefit your business in the long run. The first step is to do On Page Optimization then do Off Page Optimization. If you want to learn SEO I feel these are the best sources https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo and https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7451184?hl=en
5. PPC (Pay Per Click): Popularly known as Google Adwords and SEM. This platform will get you ranked faster and you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. Although this is on my DIY list, if you don’t know all the factors of properly optimizing a campaign you will be paying up to 10x more than your competition. This is the most successful online marketing platform for all search engines and social media sites. Remember it is a “pay to play” soapbox.
6. Blogging: Writing a blog or guest blogging is a great way to get exposure. I will write a blog about this topic in the near future (hahahaha sorry that sounds funny) but I will. Meanwhile if you like to write, this is an opportunity to showcase your skills. Click the link to learn some tactics to assist in your blogging adventures https://seo.co/the-ultimate-step-by-step-guide-to-building-your-business-by-guest-blogging/ .
7. Shopping Sites: If you have a few gadgets or items that you want to sell then go this route. This is a good starting point but be wary of fees and site exposure. Depending what you are selling here are a few platforms to market your service or sell your products. Amazon, Ebay, Google Shopping, Thumbtack, Home Advisor, Home Depot, and Angies List.
This is a wonderful start. Obviously you won’t have the time to all the above mentioned. I recommend do the research with a business plan, pick a few of the platforms that work best for your business, and put in the time. Once you get too busy to do it yourself I hope you remember where you read this blog and contact us to take your business to another level.